Forums » Top Contributor Profiles

Top Quiz Contributors, April, 2021

• 24 posts
    April 16, 2021 8:35 AM PDT

Hello all,

The winner of the Dhaka Decentralization Quiz is Nishat Tamanna! Runner-up is Towhidur Rahman Moheed. We asked everyone where they would choose to settle in Bangladesh other than Dhaka (as Dhaka is over populated).  Nishat mentioned about moving to her own village and help her villagers enter the digital world to be connected to the rest of the world.  Moheed mentioned he would move to his hometown where stones get washed up by the streams in India and enter Bangladesh so he could start his stone mining business. 

The ideas of all other people were interesting to read too! So we want to thank each and every of you for sharing your wonderful and innovative ideas in this project.  Some of the other good ideas were in agriculture, fishing, teaching, technology, medicine, and many more. 

The main reason we released this quiz is to think and see if it is possible to move away from Dhaka in the near future since everything is centered around Dhaka.  So hopefully this quiz was a good food for thought in your long term career!  

To organize the top quiz answers, we tried to find ideas that could bring unique or big changes with small investment, so generations and generations may benefit from it. We compiled everyone's ideas in this link along with admins feedback, so don't forget to check it out here: 

Members District Quiz Answers Page

And here is the winner of the contest and the runner-up. Winner will get $5 and runner-up $3.  

Nishat's original quiz answer: 

"Many of the people living in Dhaka have their own house in the hometown. So as I. But we all
    leave that comfort zone mostly for better education of children, better job opportunity and better
    access to all types of opportunity. Anyone having that in his own area, won't leave the country
    unless there is a necessity.
    With that 10 lakh, I will try to ensure better quality of life. For that, obviously I will choose my
    hometown, Brahmanbaria, where I own a house. As most of the people in my village are out of
    the digital world, I will help them to enter into this digital world. Generally, people in the villages
    have many skills and their own products. I will make a web-based platform, where all of those
    people will be able to sell their products to the rest of the country. When they will be introduced
    more to the digital world, their quality of life will be auto-improved. Educated people will stay in
    the village and so the next generation will have better quality of education in that village. Where
    will I spend that 10 lakh? Making the web-based platform and developing the opportunity of
    transferring the products will at first need investment, this 10 lakh will help me to set up that and
    some of that could be useful for the betterment of existing infrastructure for school, college and
    hospital."

Moheed's original quiz answer: 

"I would prefer to utilize the money by starting up a stone mining business back in my hometown which is Banglabanda in Rangpur district. Different types of stones get washed up by the stream of Mohanonda from India which enters Bangladesh from the west of Banglabanda Zero point. I think it is a quite profitable business to do as many high rage buildings and roads are being built in the city areas and stones are in high demand. As it is my hometown I am hoping that I will receive assistance from my relatives or from the natives. With the money, I need to buy types of equipment which are essential to cut stones. These machines would cost up to 4 to 5 lakh taka. I will have to provide safety equipment to the workers so that they don't have to suffer from the excessive amount of dust the procedure creates. Which should cost up to 10-20 thousand taka I suppose. And I will keep the rest in a bank so that I can use the money in case of an emergency."

This post was edited by Fatima Ahmed at April 16, 2021 9:55 AM PDT
  • April 16, 2021 10:15 AM PDT

Thank you.